Assistant Camp Manager – Academic
Reporting to: Varsity International Camp Manager
Position: Temporary full-time
Pay: TBC per week inc. holiday pay (based on a 60 hour week)
Dates: Sunday 5th July to Sunday 16th August 2020 (part seasons will be considered)
Varsity International is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Summary of responsibilities:
You will be responsible for the management of Varsity’s residential academic programme, with support from Varsity’s Academic Manager. You will make sure children have been correctly allocated to classes based on their age and ability level. Some children will need their level of English tested once they arrive on camp therefore you will be prepared to conduct these. You will create and update class registers, as well as ensure teachers have completed registers in a timely fashion. You will manage a team of teachers, timetabling their classes and days off each week, supporting teachers with lesson content and help trouble shooting. You will ensure teachers have completed their necessary administrative tasks and complete teacher observations and follow up with 1:1 feedback sessions. You will run weekly teacher meetings and maintain strong communication with all staff in order to have a well-rounded picture of how each student is doing and any issues. As such, you will confidently be able to feedback to any parents or agents. Students will be able to approach you with any questions or requests.
Management of Camp and Staff
You are not alone in achieving the above. Alongside the Camp Manager, you will be part of the senior management team (SMT) along with the Camp Manager and Assistant Camp Manager – Pastoral, tasked with the day to day operation of our residential language and activity camp. Together you will lead staff by example, setting and maintaining high standards and addressing any shortcomings in a timely fashion.
Management Tasks and Organisation
You will hold responsibility for management tasks assigned to you within the specific timeframes. The key aspect of this role is to ensure the smooth running of the English language classes on camp. You will regularly feedback to Varsity’s Academic Manager and the Customer Service Manager, who will be the primary point of contact for parents and agents. Strong communication and organisation skills are essential for this role, as well as a fun and child-centred attitude towards camp.
Ensuring children are having a great time, are fit, healthy, sleeping well, eating well and achieving academically is a top priority for all staff. We take a pro-active approach to our responsibilities regarding this, building relationships with each child to understand how they are feeling on any given day. At all times you and the staff you manage must keep accurate records of aspects such as attendance, incidents, accidents, medication and maintain an open line of communication to the SMT regarding the welfare of children on camp.
You will be part of the staff team who lead excursions for the children visiting cities and attractions such as London or Thorpe Park. You will take responsibility for the excursion you are leading, ensuring staff and children are following our policy and procedures when off site and ensuring everyone remains safe and enjoys their experience.
Download this job description
- Qualified EFL teacher (TEFL, TESOL, CELTA) with significant experience.
- Committed to safeguarding with excellent knowledge and experience.
- Management experience and confident when leading teaching staff.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Highly proactive with ability to take the initiative and problem solve.
- Natural ability to communicate with children.
- Strong experience in the delivery of student-centred English language lessons.
- Experience working with children aged 8 – 14.
- Enthusiastic, energetic with a positive attitude.
- Flexible, team player, able to adapt to dynamic situations and the challenges of a residential camp.
- Keen to fulfil a challenging, hugely rewarding and fun job in the summer holiday.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the camp on a day to day basis as part of the SMT.
- Lead and manage teaching staff to achieve high standards in all areas of camp – most specifically those you are responsible for.
- Take responsibility for the academic programme, including all administrative duties, staff management and student management.
- Complete management tasks essential to the smooth running of the camp.
- Regularly feedback and communicate with the Academic Manager and Customer Service Manager in order to keep the HQ team updated.
- Feedback directly to parents and agents when asked to by HQ.
- Take responsibility for a boarding house overnight – max twice per week (asleep but on duty to wake if required)
- Lead weekly excursions for the children off site, ensuring their enjoyment and safety.
- At all times behave in a manner that reflects the expectations of Varsity International.
- Show the required energy, enthusiasm and professionalism for the duration of the season, acting as an ambassador for Varsity International, and behaving as a suitable role model for staff and children.
- Attend the Senior Management training weekend, camp induction and set up day to ensure you are 100% ready to deliver an awesome summer to every child.
Hours & Benefits:
- 10 to 12 x 5 hour shifts from Sunday – Saturday (at least one full day off per week)
- Free meals for the duration of your contract regardless of if you are on or off shift.
- Free shared accommodation – shared room with another member of staff.
- SMT Training weekend in Oxford – Saturday 27th & Sunday 28th June 2020
- Camp set up & staff training – Sunday 5th July to Sunday 16th August 2020 – Cothill House School (Oxford)